Wednesday 13 May 2015

Life's harsh truths; Everyone's battle

This post may seem unorganised and like a huge jumble of words which are not making a lot of sense, and you are right, it probably doesn't. 

The truth is alot has happened within the past month, I've started exams, preparing for placement and I am dealing with something which I never expected or  could have ever prepared myself for. As much as I would love to tell you and get your lovely help and support, I'm just not ready yet. Although, hopefully with a few more weeks to digest the news, I do plan on sharing it with you, keeping you informed on the journey it will take me, discussing the topic with you and helping each other  who are in similar situations.
This blog was always going to be addressing some of the harsh truths in life, and this particular news has definitely taught me that sometimes it does seem like life can be cruel, throwing obstacles in your imaginary life plan which in your head seemed all so simple and beautiful. However, although it may seem like a painful complication now, I am a firm believer in that everything does happen for a reason. Sometimes it is important to remind ourselves that it may lead to greater happiness and love in the future, or things may not work out how you wanted them to, but if you allow it, it can help build you as a person and enable you to become stronger than you could have ever imagined.

"Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a battle of their own"

I find this quote to be comforting yet sad. Comforting because it's nice knowing you are not alone in over-coming hard situations every day. Sometimes, in our own sorrow, we look to other peoples 'perfect'  lives and wish that ours can only be half as easy as theirs. However, the sad truth is that, everyone IS facing their own battle, whether it be a battle within themselves, friends, family or relationships. It is important to know that nobody has the perfect life, some of us are just better at hiding it than others, so it is important that we execute kindness with everyone. If you know someone facing a hard situation, even if they do not wish to discuss it, a simple 'I'm here for you', can be all they need to hear. If they do want to talk, it's important to listen, be patient and understanding of their thinking or situation.


However, I'm definitely not one for negativity, and although I do love a good cry about sad things sometimes, I try not to let them get me down for too long. Next time your sad, even try and think of one thing your thankful for in your life, or a good thing which could come out of your situation. The latter may seem very difficult in some circumstances, and it is, but sometimes only time can help you realise these things. Has it taught you what you want in life, how you don't want to act towards others or made you appreciate the little things in life like the constant support of family and friends?
Although everyone is facing their own battle, always remember that life is beautiful, and when something kicks you down in life, take time to be sad if you need to, but as soon as you have cried everything out put on a song that makes you feel good then get back up and fight back even harder to make your life the best it can be!


Please let me know if you found this post comforting. Share it with others if you think it will help and don't hesitate to comment or direct message me on twitter @ThoseYoungYears if you have anything you would like to share. I ALWAYS look forward to reading your lovely comments!


Sending alot of love and happiness your way,
Those Young Years

x

Update: Good news everyone! I've joined Facebook! I'd greatly appreciate it if you gave facebook.com/thoseyoungyears  a like! I'll keep you up to date on blogposts, everyday life and anything I find on the big internet which I want to share x

No comments:

Post a Comment